Main routes of transportation
The Khorgos land port, situated on the border with Kazakhstan, is a Central Asia’s largest logistic hub and part of the One Belt One Road Iniciative*, with huge warehousing, transshipment terminals and a special economic zone.
- Delivery time: 8-12 days*
- Project coordinated by Chinese expert
- Implementation of customs clearance in import, export and transit procedures
- Transport in the TIR system
- Door-to- door delivery
*The given delivery time is possible thanks to the double crew of drivers on each route.
Europe - China road transport potential
CHINA - EUROPE - CHINA
The flexibility of road transport, the achievable delivery time (8-12 days), combined with the effects of the current COVID-19 pandemic, which has significantly limited availability and increased airline costs, encourage this solution.
- High flexibility of FTL solutions compared to other modes of transport
- Possible delivery time (8-12 days) puts road transport in a second place among the possible solutions, while generating costs on average level
- As a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, availability of air solutions has decreased significantly and the cost of air connections has increased. In this circumstances, the choice of road transport on the China-Europe-China route becomes more competitive.
Comparison of modes of transport in terms of delivery time and costs.
*The exact time can be calculated after confirming the exact destinations.
**In 1 to 5 scale, where 1 stands for low cost, 5 stands for very high cost.